MobilityPLUS Rehabilitation is pleased to offer Parkinson’s Disease specific treatment at all our locations. LSVT BIG is a research-based exercise approach developed from principles of the effective Parkinson’s specific speech treatment LSVT LOUD.
The LSVT Programs have been developed and scientifically researched over the past 20 years with funding from the National Institutes of Health. Research on LSVT BIG has documented improved ratings on tests of motor functioning in people with Parkinson’s following treatment. Improvements include: Faster walking with bigger steps, Improved balance, and Increased trunk rotation. Research suggests that you should NOT wait until you begin to experience disability, impaired function, or loss of balance to start occupational therapy.
LSVT is a standardized treatment protocol and consists of the following:
- 16 sessions: 4 consecutive days a week for 4 weeks
- Individual 1 hour sessions
- Daily homework practice
- Daily carryover exercises
LSVT BIG will help you establish a life long habit of BIG practice. LSVT BIG techniques train individuals with Parkinson’s and other neurological conditions to use bigger movements anywhere, anytime in daily living. This empowers individuals with the potential they have to keep moving and stay active.
LSVT BIG treatment:
- Trains a single target of amplitude (bigger movements)
- Drives intensive and high-effort practice
- Teaches the amount of effort required to produce normal movements
- Translates bigger movements into real-world, everyday activities
- Empowers people with Parkinson’s Disease with their potential to improve!
LSVT BIG will teach you how to avoid inactivity and keep your movements ALIVE during everyday activities. It will help you participate fully and improve the quality of your life!
For more information or to schedule a consult please call our office at 701-672-2244. Also talk with your primary care physician about treatment and to obtain an order to start the LSVT BIG treatment.
Make the commitment today…