By Bailey Goolsbey
1. A pound of muscle burns more calories than a pound of fat. So, as you begin to build muscle, you’ll burn more calories throughout the day.
2. Because strength training is a weight-bearing activity, it will help you build stronger bones.
3. It can decrease your risk for injury– You’ll build stronger muscles and connective tissue, as well as increase joint stability.
4. It can help reduce the risk for heart disease by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol.
5. The endorphins relased during strength training can help to relieve stress!
Check us out on Facebook